Manufacturing Engineering Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the NPD team while also motivating the team to delivery excellent service to their customers focusing on new products.
A global manufacturing company with a site based in Bristol are currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Manager to head up the day to day function on site. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the NPD team while also motivating the team to delivery excellent service to their customers focusing on new products.
- Manages the Manufacturing Engineering Projects Team, communicates goals, safety practices and deadlines. Instils accountability and delivery in the mindset and practice of the team. Motivates, develops and performance manages the team effectively.
- Develop manufacturing system solutions for new products and other change products aligned with the business strategy and delivering against Quality, Cost and Delivery targets.
- Deliver manufacturing tools to specification and required timing ready for volume production to meet business and customer needs.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Company Manufacturing Strategy.
- Develop great working relationships with Sales, Engineering, Lean, Finance, Quality and Supply chain colleagues and work closely with them at all stages throughout the process from quotation stage through to the development and implementation of manufacturing systems.
- Ensure the team, under your leadership, actively participate in new product/change project teams to help the organisation achieve its project goals.
The successful Manufacturing Engineering Manager will have:
- Minimum of Engineering degree or equivalent
- Significant and relevant engineering and manufacturing experience, with proven delivery of projects related to pneumatics, electrical systems, automated assembly & test, injection moulding etc.
- Proven track record of project management and new product introduction processes based around automotive APQP process or similar.
- Proven ability to supervise and lead a team successfully.
- APQP (FMEA, SPC,R&R, Work Instructions, Control Plan etc.) and Lean Manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of problem solving and continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Involvement with supplier selection and development in technical areas.
- Design and development experience of high volume, high specification components including plastic mouldings
- CAD design - beneficial but not essential for use of AutoCAD 2D + INVENTOR 3D design package.
£45,000 - £50,000 depending on experience