Practice Accounts Assistant
Practice Accounts Assistant required
Salary of £20,000 to £25,000 per annum
The Accounts Assistant role is offering a competitive salary, progression within the team and study support if required.
The Accounts Assistant duties will be:
• Working closely with clients to ensure accurate bookkeeping is carried out including:
o Sales ledger and purchase ledger processing
o Bank reconciliations
o VAT returns
o PAYE/NIC reconcilaitons
• Preparing management accounts
o Month end and year end processing
o Journals - both preparing and processing
o Preparation of month end reports
o Preparation of summary (quarterly) management accounts and commentary
• Preparing year end accounts
o Preparing accounts to trial balance including all reconciliations
o Preparation and review of statutory accounts.
The successful candidate must have:
• Qualified to AAT level or equivalent as a minimum or qualified by experience
• Must have substantial accounting experience commensurate with the role, and good IT skills including Sage Accounts 50 and Microsoft package
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Driving licence.
The following would also be desirable:
• Experience of dealing with clients directly
• Knowledge of Xero
• Use of IRIS Accounts Production within a practice environment
• Audit experience
• commensurate with experience;
• normal hours of work are 35 per week, to be worked from 9.00am to 5.00pm, although some flexibility will be considered; and
• 20 days annual leave.