SQL Database Administrator
SQL Database Administrator
Salary:Up to £39,000 plus 5%flexible benefit fund
SSCL have a brand new opportunity for a SQL Server DBA to join their IT Operations team. You will be based out of our Newport centre of excellence and be responsible for managing the database administration for a growing number of new and migrated database applications that are moving onto SQL server from legacy systems.
The successful candidate will have experience working / supporting a multi-user SQL Server environment and will work well and collaborate in a customer facing team environment.
- Manage Database administration for emerging SSCL applications including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation.
- Installing SQL Server configuration
- Support code changes on applications using the SQL DBA environment.
- Ensure test and release disciplines are adhered to when changes or maintenance is required
- Ensure effective engagement and stakeholder management (may include working with other parties and partners
- To identify and manage risk against assigned deliverables and take responsibility for reporting risks in a timely, open and appropriate manner.
- Minimum of 2 year experience of performing and delivering MS SQL Server database administration for internal or external customers in a multi-user environment.
- Experience of one or more Microsoft development environments developing MS SQL Server multi-user application such MS Visual Studio with C# or Visual Basic and T-SQL stored procedures.
- Experience of translating business requirements into a software solution design and Relational Database design.
- Experience of coding a multi-table database implementation and setup / configuration in MS SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software products, solutions and architecture methodologies and how to integrate e.g. linking solution to existing email service.
- Experience of implementing Microsoft Dynamics or Microsoft
- Sharepoint applications or similar.
- Experience of delivering Web based applications in other languages
- and open source tools.
- Experience of SQL administration on non-Microsoft platforms.
Successful candidates must be eligible to pass SC Clearance
SSCL is a unique partnership - a joint venture formed in 2013 between Sopra Steria and the UK Government as part of the Government's Next Generation Shared Services Strategy to deliver between £400 to £600 million of savings per annum from 2016. Our purpose is to transform the way that these services are delivered across the public sector, streamlining systems and processes in order to deliver £1 billion of savings for Government and Police by 2020.
Shared Services Connected Limited is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.