Senior Electrical Development Engineer
BMR Solutions are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Development Engineer to work for our client who are a large engineering / manufacturing company located in Clevedon, North Somerset.
JOB TITLE: Senior Electrical Development Engineer
SALARY: £37,000.00 - £42,000.00
JOB TYPE: Permanent
Sector: Electrical / Design / Development / Engineer / Manufacturing / BS EN 8888 / FEA / FMEA / HAZOP / DFMEA / CE / EN
The Senior Development Engineer is a role to support development of customer specific modifications to company product already released to production, including platform enhancements (Derivatives) and solving application issues in the field.
The job role is:-
- To support the Clevedon Engineered to Order process including product design and development;
- Development of derivative platforms to extend product capabilities on non NPI developments (historical products);
- Design calculations in support of design;
- Type testing of equipment and subsystems;
- Writing of reports;
- Preparation of technical construction documents to support Engineered to Order systems and updates to HAZOPS and Safety Reviews;
- Interpretation and delivery of customer specification;
- Creation of Bill of Materials;
- Development of test specifications;
- Specification of equipment sub systems;
- Components selection;
- Engineering Change;
- Provide support to manufacturing;
- Provide support to the more junior members of the engineering team.
- Good Electrical biased Engineering degree or other engineering qualification depending on experience.
- Experience of working on a system or equipment design / development environment preferred;
- Ability to perform engineering calculations and basic FEA in support of the design;
- Understanding of Piping and instrumentation diagrams and system schematics;
- Experience of FMEA, HAZOP, DFMEA and other design and risk analysis techniques;
- Experience in the type testing of equipment in support of design;
- Strong problem solving ability;
- Value engineering;
- Knowledge of CE marking and EN standards (Machinery and Low Voltage directives desirable);
- Knowledge or BS EN 8888;
- Used to working in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Attention to detail and right first time approach;
- Good written and oral communication;
- Ability to plan and estimate duration of their work in the context of larger projects;
- Understand key project deliverable and requirements and have the ability to report concisely to the project leader;
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure.
Design Engineering - ability to design and develop all aspects of the product range with particular emphasis combustor related integrated;
Personal Skills - building partnerships with customers, external and internal staff;
Results Orientation - focuses on delivering to project milestones and timescales;
Commercial Awareness - understand when to re-engage Sales or Contracts;
Problem Solving - ability to solve problems both in-house and on customer's site;
Project Management - ability to create a product specification and manage a project to completion to an agreed timescale.
BMR Solutions acts in the capacity of an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.