About Volvo Cars
Would you like a career with Volvo Cars, and to be part of our vision to be the world’s most desired and progressive premium car brand?
Would you like work with people who have a passion for customers and cars, in a role which challenges you and which commands respect?
We are a 102-strong dealership network, supported by Volvo Car UK’s head office in Maidenhead, and a training centre in Daventry. We welcome enthusiastic, customer-focused applicants for roles in our growing business.
Since 1927, Volvo Cars’ philosophy has been to put people first. This applies both to our customers and to our team. We are passionate about Volvo’s role in the motor industry; delivering pioneering innovations that protect people and make life simpler. This is at the heart of everything we do. It’s what makes us different from other car companies. We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment.
Taunton Motor Company are looking for a Service Technician who will take pride in working for Taunton Volvo
We are looking for a full time Technician to join our growing team. As part of the Helston Garages Group we can offer you a competitive salary, company pension scheme and an opportunity for career development within a family owned business. Full manufacturer training will be provided to the successful applicant.
With our brand new state of the art facility due for completion next year, this is a rare opportunity to join the Volvo Brand.
About the role
- Undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on motor vehicles of all types to the highest standard within the scheduled times.
- Care for customers’ vehicles and property and seek to achieve the highest customer satisfaction.
- Carry out all work in a safe, environmentally friendly and economical way.
- Build a bank of knowledge and skills to diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
- Share skills and knowledge to develop others within the dealership.
- Enhance the reputation of Taunton Motor Company. at every opportunity when interacting with others.
- Served a recognised apprenticeship or other dealership approved training scheme.
- NVQ level 3 qualification
- MOT tester certificate
- Ability to use and interpret information from workshop information systems, including wiring diagrams
- Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of motor vehicles.
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving.
- A care for, and attention to, detail.
- Undertaken manufacturers’ training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data.
- Self improvement - deficiencies in skills and knowledge noticed 'on the job’ should be highlighted to your Manager
Alongside a basic salary of 24k + you can earn bonuses that could take your income up by £1.800 per annum.
Holidays 22 days per year.
We select the very best applicants to join our business, and in return we will work with you to develop your career. We want you to shine - and we look forward to helping you do so.
If your application is successful, you will be enrolled on a personalised Volvo Cars induction programme, designed to give you all the skills and knowledge needed to deliver a premium experience to all our customers. This will be a blend of product, systems, and skills training including instructor led courses at Volvo Car UK’s Training and Development Centre in Northamptonshire, e-learning and self-study.
And it doesn’t stop there - you will have access to the Volvo Cars Performance Academy to keep your knowledge and skills in tip top condition throughout your career.