The essence of this role is shape and drive a brand-led approach to marketing, overseeing all aspects of marketing strategy - from market research and competitive analysis through to multi-channel execution.
The role is responsible for developing effective and targeted marketing strategies that engage and help enhance the clients reputation with key stakeholders across business and industry in particular, as well as city leaders and officials, universities and the science and research base, both in the UK and internationally.
Building on our strategic themes and core capabilities, the role is central to developing new value propositions that are anchored market analysis and client needs. As such you be a strong marketer, with a strong background in a commercial environment. It is highly beneficial for you to have an understanding of urban innovation, the pain points being felt in cities, and the challenges businesses face in addressing those challenges.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
(i) Bring rigour and discipline to the process of developing and enhancing our value propositions, combining our market analysis and technology scanning with learning and insights from clients and projects;
(ii) Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching of the core team of 3 people - a brand experience manager, a CRM manager and a visual designer - with dotted line responsibility for a further 4 people in market research and strategy;
(iii) Work closely with a team of 8 relationship developers to inform and position our value propositions in the market, helping them to develop clear go-to-market plans and equipping them with reference points and tools;
(iv) Work with our PR, Digital Comms and Events teams on effective channel execution, to drive our external positioning in order to engage our priority stakeholders;
(v) Be accountable for all aspects of our brand strategy and execution; including how it is brought to life in terms of culture and values, working with HR and people development through all aspects of brand experience for external and internal stakeholders;
What will you be doing?
Shaping new offers
- Lead the process to develop and evolve our value propositions in close collaboration with our CITO and Heads of the Lab.
- Use market analysis, as well as client and project intelligence to validate existing and inform new value propositions, and go-to-market plans.
Segmenting the market
- Develop frameworks and tools, such as market segmentation/s, that help guide effective positioning and take-up by key audiences.
- Work with the Operations team to develop a CRM that enables highly effective and targeted marketing, providing line management to our CRM marketing specialist.
- Upskill Relationship Developers and others in the Catapult to use working segmentation to cultivate highly productive relationships with key stakeholders, including city leaders, city officials, businesses and academics.
- Be the organisation's brand champion, with a nuanced understanding of how to use brand to drive a positive behaviours and values.
- Develop new brand-informed content, materials and channel/audience engagement strategies.
- Provide oversight of the corporate and project-led materials to ensure its is consistent with our brand.
- Refresh and refine our brand guidelines, in keeping with a maturing organisation, as needed.
Promoting the Future Cities Catapult to External Stakeholders
- Strongly communicate market challenges and opportunities, cities' needs and the Catapult's insights, capabilities and value propositions to stakeholders - in ways that engage actors in new and innovative combinations; to do so in ways that generate and capture value.
- Produce blogs, presentations and materials that distil the Catapult's work and advance its mission.
- Work closely with our Events Team to support the effective and targeted use of our CRM (Saleforce) to deliver high quality engagement and resonance through our events programme
Providing leadership, mentoring and line management duties as appropriate
- Provide marketing expertise to the whole Catapult.
- Foster an agile, collaborative environment where the core and extended team can deliver impact.
- Have strong, clear and nuanced understanding of brand, and how it can drive performance.
- Have strong strategic, market and competitive analysis skills, able to distil key insights from both quant and qual sources.
- Provide useful frameworks and tools to guide the thinking and actions of non-marketing teams.
- Have demonstrable experience of working with blue chip clients.
- Have strong commercial awareness.
Skills and Experience
- Strong track record in marketing in an innovation and/or project-led environment;
- 8+ years' experience of working in similar positions, ideally in a high- innovation, high-growth unit or business;
- Experience in developing and implementing successful growth strategies in new markets and geographies.
- Awareness of the built environment and / or technology arena, ideally with experience of leading innovation projects in Cities;
- Ability to build, guide and motivate a team to deliver outstanding results.
Click Apply Now, and include a brief cover letter detailing your interest in urban innovation / smart cities, to get your application in front of the hiring manager today!
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.