Marine Engineering Technician
Marine Hydraulics Technician
Our client is looking for an experienced marine technician to join their team in building and testing hydraulic cylinders and mechanical components used in the marine industry. You will be carrying out build and testing for product approval, traveling in UK and abroad to work on installations, repair and commissioning. All the products are bespoke so you'll need to be able to fault find, think on your feet and problem solve with no manuals to refer to!
What you will be doing:
- Assembling, testing and servicing of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components and systems, including spiral and bevel gear sets.
- Testing mechanical components, ensuring correct alignment and meshing, maintaining defect records, compiling test data and monitoring continuous improvement.
- Quality assurance on mechanical and hydraulic assemblies.
- Carrying out field work as required for installation, repairs or servicing matters on board vessels.
- Overseeing the upkeep of tools giving input on tooling requirements and managing the tooling budget.
- Organising test equipment and calibration of instrumentation.
- Classification testing such as Lloyds and ABS.
- Working with the design department on continuous improvement for assembly and serviceability.
What you will need:
- Experience of mechanical engineering in a marine setting
- Hydraulic systems experience
- Knowledge of gearbox assembly an advantage.
- Experience with Electrical Engineering or PLC control systems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines essential
- Have your own transport and be able to travel nationally and internationally when required.
- Prior experience in the development of assembly guides and installation manuals would be advantageous as all the products are bespoke.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company with an established range of bespoke marine products. You'll need to be able to travel around the UK and the rest of world and own your own transport.