As the Production Manager you will be key to the success of your Production Unit. Leading the team to continually improve the manufacturing process. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will have their support in making agreed improvements in changes to increase output and reduce cost. Taking ownership of your unit you will be a key decision maker and be able to influence change.
My client is a well established FMCG manufacturer in South Wales. Due to continued expansion of their production facility and increased Global distribution, they are looking to bring on board a number of Production professionals to grow with the business.
- Control the manufacture of departmental products/services in line with existing specification
- Continually seek improvements in manufacturing processes.
- Control costs and seek efficiency improvements within department.
- Strong people manager - ability to communicate with stakeholders from the shop floor to directors.
- Good knowledge of process management, including lean and CI.
- Enthusiastic manager that can develop, coach and train people.
- Track record in high speed or batch manufacturing environments as a shift production manager/production manager.
- Can provide evidence of driving improvement projects.
As a Production Manager to be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
Ideally apprenticeship trained or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
The ability to communicate effectively with all level of stake holders.
Demonstrate understanding and the implementation of lean and continuous improvement processes
Excellent leadership experience.
A high level of understanding in high speed or batch manufacturing environments as a shift production manager/production manager.
Can provide evidence of creating and driving improvement projects.
£35,000-£40,000 + Benefits and the opportunity to progress.