Full-time/ Fixed term until 31 December 2017
Salary: £35,300 - £39,800 (pro rata)
Location: Coventry or Cambridge (with occasional travel between sites)
What it’s about
We are looking for a Product Designer to join the Product Development team until December 2017.
You will be part of a team of Product Designers who develop or redevelop general and vocational qualification products that are innovative, cost-effective, attractive and high quality. You will be working to a brief set out by the Head of Product and you will interpret that to define the requirements for a qualification and its support package and delivery requirements.
You will also lead on changes to qualifications that are already being delivered and support the team of Development Project Managers and Officers in the design of processes and principles that will improve our future capabilities, such as creating banks of question types to use in sample assessments and redesigning our specifications and centre handbooks.
What you’ll be doing
• Lead and deliver the design of new or revised products, making sure they meet regulatory, technical and other stakeholders’ requirements.
• Interpret, recommend and articulate a vision for a complete qualification design, delivery and assessment package and prepare and lead a team of others to create it.
• Provide training and product specific information to support marketing, sales and training activities.
• Working with the Senior Product Designer who will support you in your role.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for somebody with experience in:
• interpreting requirements and generating a vision and instructions for creating a product and/or process
• creating and/or coordinating teaching and assessment support
• developing/designing assessments within a regulated environment?
And is able to:
• be determined and resourceful in the delivery of the best possible results on schedule, to budget and to requisite quality taking into consideration the needs of customers, regulators and OCR.
• constructively influence others to create buy-in and find solutions where there are conflicting interests
• collaborate with and motivate others including those who may have less experience in product or assessment design
• be positive and resilient to the impact of change and is self-motivated
Who we are
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board. We provide qualifications which engage people of all ages and abilities at school, college, in work or through part-time learning programmes. Our general and vocational qualifications equip learners with the knowledge and skills they need for their future, helping them achieve their full potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25 June 2017 and interviews will be held on 4 July 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.