Waking Night Support Worker - 18 or 27 hours available
Are you a night owl?
We are looking to recruit a Waking Night Support Worker to join our dedicated team of support staff within Ipswich. You will be supporting adults with a learning disability during the night at one of our supported living services.
This particular service supports ten individuals that live within separate flats.
The people we support have various need; and as a Support Worker you will ensure their well-being and provide personal care as and when required overnight. The people we support enjoy their bedtime routine. When they are fast asleep you will be completing light domesticated duties such as ironing, cleaning, checking finances, cashing up and other household chores.
This is perfect opportunity if you are looking for a relaxed, friendly environment to work in. The best thing is anyone can do it, as long as you have positive mind-set and are attentive at all times.
You will always have another support worker on site to assist you with your duties. In return for your hard work we will support you through our award winning training to help you progress in your career with us!
Within the additional information section we have included profiles for some of the services you may work across. This will give you a better understanding of the role requirements.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Job ID: 8597
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.