Supply Chain Assistant
Supply Chain Assistant, £18,000, Poole, 8.30am - 5pm Monday - Friday, 20 days holiday + bank holidays, pension, parking.
We are working with an expanding organisation based in the Poole area in recruiting for a new Supplier Chaser. This company are offering a great opportunity to progress within the business if the successful candidate shows drive and ambition. Going above and beyond is recognised here and staff like to muck in within every part of the business.
The Supplier Chaser will ultimately be responsible for ensuring suppliers are shipping out parts within a set time scale and solving any issues that may arise on the way. The successful candidate will have full ownership and control of this list and will need to organise their time effectively to incorporate different time zones.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Go through a call list of suppliers on a daily basis to chase up parts and find out where they are in the process
- Enquire about data relative to the item
- Enquire about export licences required against the item and update the export team on these requirements
- Record notes of phone calls and updates from suppliers or co-workers
- Work closely with other sections of the business to ensure sales and logistics team members are kept updated and customers are informed at all times
- Raise any issues and delays with members of the other teams
- Where possible, solve problems such as cancelled orders or missing items
- Ensure all general administration is kept up to date
- Raise and update purchase orders on the bespoke IT system
- Training will be given on site and you will be working closely with a senior member of staff.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Confident user of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proactive and confident
- Able to ask any and all questions that arise
- Excellent organisational skills
This role would suit candidate currently working within a call centre or as a Customer Service Consultant, Export Assistant, Supply Chain Administrator, Dispatch Administrator, Import Assistant, Supplier Administrator, Logistics Assistant, Sales Administrator, or Sales Co-ordinator.
If you are interested in this position please click on Apply Now.
Alternatively to find out more, or to see other opportunities that we have available please visit our website.