Accounts Payable Manager
Page Personnel Finance are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Manager for our client, an international ship management company located in London's West End.
Our client is an international ship management company, whose headquarters are based in London's West End. Due to expansion across the business, an opportunity has arisen for a Accounts Payable Manager to join their accountancy division.
Located in London's West End, our client is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager with responsibility for the following duties:
- Accountable for ensuring all payments are processed accurately and in accordance with time critical deadlines, Group policies, supplier terms and regulations.
- Liaise with suppliers as necessary to ensure timely payments are made.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure their priorities regarding payments are being met.
- Act as a payments expert to business units.
- Oversee communication of announcements on rules / regulation changes that affect the processing of payments; and implement process change accordingly.
- Cash Management
- Partner with various business units to identify, validate and improve cash forecasting.
- Oversee daily bank balances and calculate amounts to be transferred to / from deposits.
- Oversee the monitoring of all bank account movements throughout the day.
- Report material transactions to management and investigate differences against expectations.
- Liaise with various banks to fix deposits, arrange foreign exchange deals and track payments.
Bank Account Management
- Efficient management and monitoring of all banking activities.
- Setting cash limits, executing wire transfers, meeting compliance requirements, opening and closing bank accounts, and processing required bank documentation.
- Effective and timely communication to relevant business units of any changes in bank services, cut-off times, operating hours, contact etc.
- Oversee the London-based online bank system administration including establishing user access, resolving system related issues, and approving new users.
- Optimise bank account structures to ensure operational efficiency.
- Constructively facilitate some of the Group's relationships with payment service providers.
- Proactively oversee the checking of bank charges and interest received.
- Conduct benchmark studies of banks and their services to support the appropriate appointment of payment partners.
- Systems and Processes
- Successful implementation of new technologies, processes and systems so as to improve daily monitoring of worldwide cash position and processing of payments.
- Develop and test appropriate business continuity procedures for UK payment operations.
The ideal candidate will:
Demonstrate a clear business track record and extensive practical experience in managing a high volume and high value payments function within a fast paced, analytical and entrepreneurial environment.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience of cash forecasting.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience of payment systems and their value adding impact on the business.
Salary of £60,000-£70,000