Credit Analyst (SME)
We are looking for Credit Analyst (SME) for one of our Clients to join their growing team in their main branch in Central London.Our client is an International Public Sector banking and financial services company.
Originate asset backed loans for Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) clients, prepare credit application forms and monitor the SME loan portfolio
Engage with Retail Branch network and brokers to originate SME lending proposals for UK office.
• Engage with customers to structure credit proposals and present proposals to Risk Committees, including
- Provide a clear rationale for agreeing or rejecting applications, prior to submitting to the Head Retail Credit
- Ensure the credit decisions are made within regulatory standards and adhere to TCF principles and Customer First standards
• Operational responsibility for the annual review process for all existing credit portfolio loans to ensure that all borrowing requirements and covenants are being adhered to, including
- Monitoring of existing loan portfolio, identifying early arrears or potential problem accounts and making necessary recommendations.
- Support the Head of Credit in the review and monitoring of watch list accounts.
- Compile, analyze and report portfolio information to enable calculation of general provision levels and for regulatory and general purpose.
• Business Development opportunities to include:
- Product Development, Forms and Processes, Credit Scorecards, Pricing, P&L profitability
- Analysis of market conditions for opportunities and prepare proposals to tap these opportunities for business. This includes customer calls, visit of properties and other activities
- Liaising with Solicitors / Valuation Firms
- Presentation to Risk Committee and other UK management committees for introduction of any new product/features
- Knowledge of UK SME Market
- Credit underwriting skills
- Collateral Analysis and Enforcement Practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of UK regulatory framework, principles and rules
- Knowledge of fraud Detection Tools/systems like Hunter/CIFAS
If you feel you are suitable for the role, 'Apply' immediately.