IT Data Analyst
Purpose of the Role:
- To work within a team environment. Expected to be capable of understanding requests of varying levels of complexity for MI and the ability to extract data and produce the output, primarily in Tableau, or the appropriate medium.
- Collect, interpret and analyse claims data to produce accurate high quality Management Information and business insights. Interpret trends and patterns in claims data to enable growth and quantitative increase predictions.
- Have a granular understanding of all databases and their content to enable production of Tableau Dashboards, Crystal Reports and ad-hoc data extractions from Microsoft SQL Server and presentation in Microsoft Excel. This includes close liaison with the Data Analytics Team in the Underwriting Division to enhance the Group MI as a whole.
- Oversight and production of Weekly and Monthly MI Packs as well as quarterly Client update packs. Scoping and development of metrics to assess overall performance following the introduction of new Project initiatives.
- Resolve any MI related Helpdesk calls where possible and contribute towards Continual Improvement within the IT Department and the Company as a whole.
- To contribute towards the continuous improvement on the IT Team and Company.
Key Role Deliverables:
- Production and Maintenance of MI Dashboards using Tableau Desktop v10 and Tableau Server.
- Oversight, development and production of Weekly and Monthly MI Packs as well as the quarterly Client Update pack.
- Extraction of data for Ad-Hoc requests from Microsoft SQL Server using native SQL commands/functionality.
- Build an intimate knowledge and understanding of all databases and contained data in use
- Analysis of Claims Data to produce trend analysis and predicted growth triangulations.
- Project lead MI performance analysis.
- Liaison with Underwriting Data Analysts to enhance overall Group MI.
- Liaise with External Suppliers to acquire relevant data for MIProduction.
- Maintenance and migration of existing Crystal Reports.
- Contribute to Continual Improvement within the IT Department and Company
- Have excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Proven experience in Data Analytics.
- Excellent knowledge and experience using Tableau Desktop/Server and Microsoft Excel.
- Sufficient experience Microsoft SQL Management Studio to be able to retrieve data using T-SQL statements, produce SQL Views and database/table design.
- Attention to details with high level of numeracy and literacy competence to ensure all data/MI produced is accurate and of sound integrity.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to self-manage and prioritise requests.
- Be a "Team Player" and be willing to take on other tasks within the IT Department when
Prior experience of Data Analytics, production and presentation of resultant data and findings using Tableau Desktop and Server products. Ability to use Microsoft SQL Server native language to extract data where appropriate. Extensive knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Excel. Strong interpersonal skills to be able to effectively understand requests for MI as well as report back findings.