Commercial Finance Analyst
A market leading FMCG based in the Esher area with free parking provided and east access via public transport.
A well known, household brand name, with offices based in the Esher area with free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
The Commercial Finance Analyst role involves:
Nature & Scope of the Job
- Business partnering the commercial team to deliver continuous improvements, insights into the data and delivering targeted profitability
- Supporting the team on budgets, forecasts and management information packs. Ensuring variances are understood and clearly articulated
- Ownership of monthly net turnover reports to a range of customers
- Responsible for Customer Account Profitability reports to the sales team
- Ensuring terms changes for respective customers are fully understood and agreed
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis and commercial decision support across the business
- Challenge and develop current process and methodologies and push for improvement
- Interaction with non-financial staff: sales, marketing, demand planning and operations
- Provide analysis and decision support for the Commercial team. For example, business plans, customer incentive schemes and assessing the pricing structure of on-going business
- Provide financial direction and support on all business plans including financial sign-off of all promotional activity
- To propose and challenge changes to the annual terms offered to customers, which will encourage growth and increased profitability in the account.
- Ensure that all variances to the forecasted commercial margin for selected customers are fully understood, explained and reconciled
- Thoroughly investigate reasons behind volume and margin variances (e.g. changes in business terms, promotional rephrasing, increased/declined run rates) and provide value-added commentary
- Check that discounts, volume uplifts and prices / turnover are captured correctly during promotions and correct if required
- Specifically responsible for analysis of changes and completion of causals relating to the different product groups.
- Attend monthly IBP Surgeries to challenge forecast volumes and margins
- Produce the monthly customer turnover and profitability reports for a range of customers
- Retrieve relevant information from the core data dependant on customer requirements (specific time-frame, products and layout)
- Ensure the terms of business quoted are up to date and calculated accurately
- Support the finance team in presenting timely and accurate information to other areas of the business. Preparing presentations and presenting at monthly reviews.
- To ensure that promotional activity is justified either financially or commercially via the system and that relevant controls and procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for analysing and challenging originator's assumptions before submitting event for approval, having made amendments where agreed.
- To deliver a variety of ad-hoc analysis supporting the decision processes entered into by the business
The ideal candidate for the Commercial Finance Analyst role will;
- Have a keen desire to question and challenge information to ensure high reliability
- Possess well-developed analytical skills combined with the ability to present detailed information clearly and succinctly to Senior Management
- Preferably from an FMCG background (but not necessarily) with strong commercial experience
- Studying towards a CIMA/ACCA accountancy qualification
- Possess strong numerical skills and a have a high level of attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Excel - including Lookup tables, 'if' statements, graph manipulation
- Ability to work on own initiative, as well as in a team with people from a variety of disciplines
- Capable of working and deliver under time pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proactive and forward looking, with a desire to progress
The Commercial Finance Analyst role can pay between £26-30,000 + study support, excellent benefits, and a progressive and fun environment.