Shift Mechanical Craftsperson
Job Title: Shift Mechanical Craftsperson
Business: Cogent Power
Salary: £23,977 + 30% Shift Allowance + Benefits
Tata Steel is one of the world's top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million ton and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We're part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Within the Cogent Power business we produce Grain Oriented electrical steels which are used in a range of transformers products within the electricity transmission and distribution grid, including large HVDC Power transformers, Shunt Reactors, as well as generators and small industrial transformers. High permeability grades offer improved efficiency within the transformer and although predominantly used for large power transformers, are also increasingly used in smaller distribution transformers as well.
We are recruiting for a Shift Mechanical Craftsman based within the Engineering Department at our Orb Works. Reporting to the Mechanical Technician / Shift Engineer you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive service to all areas in respect of mechanical engineering maintenance and breakdown cover on a shift basis. The position exists to be part of the mechanical engineering team on a shift basis for the whole of the plant.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Determine with mechanical technician / shift engineer the operational and engineering priorities of the plant to optimise its availability for production
- Ensure that engineering activities comply with health, safety and environmental requirements
- Support of and maintenance of process lines and overhead traveling cranes
- Report directly to the shift mechanical technician and shift engineer
- Respond to plant breakdowns plus preventative MTCE schedule
- Fault Finding/Analytic Diagnostic capabilities ( Hydraulic / pneumatic fault finding)
- Reporting back on SAP
Applicants will have a recognised apprenticeship in mechanical engineering and will be educated to at least HNC level. You will have a sound practical knowledge of mechanical engineering. The incumbent of the role will have proficient in the use of IT, in particular Microsoft Office applications and SAP. Candidates must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team and must possess good risk awareness when planning and undertaking tasks, and be able to challenge those who do not
Closing Date for Applications: 11:00pm on Monday 26h June 2017