Senior Quality Assurance Tester
Our client is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Tester to join their expanding insurance firm based in Birkenhead. This is a modern forward thinking and vibrant company to work for, who promote an excellent work life balance, offering talented and driven people real career opportunities.
The purpose of Software Testing and Senior Quality Assurance is to provide the means and also the measures for testing all the aspects of a software solution, both functionally and technically, in order to meet the requirements and overall quality of the intended solution.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
- To test the solution in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems.
- To ensure that testing is well defined, planned and executed by ensuring that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live.
- To create quality manual and automated tests are required to ensure the quality of the companies software systems
- To prioritise work according to agreed project deadlines ensure the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly
- To perform a range of testing types to validate the quality of the system under test
- To work as part of the QA team and share knowledge and experience
- To think abstract and not conform to the norm.
- To work autonomously to produce and manage to a professional standard the QA testing project deliverables.
- To communicate clearly, both written and verbal to ensure adequate test plans and test cases are written, escalating to the QA manager appropriately
Experience / Skills:
- Defect management/tracking to completion
- An ISEB/ISTQB Certificate in software testing, or Quality Assurance and Software Testing Certification, or similar
- IT QA Testing experience.
- Hands-on experience of creating and executing automated tests (Selenium experience preferred)
Able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Understand formal testing methodology
- Perform QA testing across multiple platforms
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain clear test plans and functional test cases and other test artefacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Work effectively with all IT, business and third party stakeholders as required
Salary is £45k