Content Strategy Manager (Digital,Online, Social media, email) West London, £45k + benefits.
Content Strategy Manager, Events, West London, £45k + benefits.
This is an excellent chance to join a FTSE 100 company and market leading media and events business.
They now have an exciting opportunity within the marketing department of their world leading travel event portfolio. They are looking to hire a Content Strategy Manager to oversee all content production and initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behaviour. The position collaborates with the Event and Marketing teams to help define the brand message, the Value Proposition and the message as interpreted by the customer.
You will lead the development of content production and initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. This includes:
• Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each customer persona within the events.
• Ensuring the event team are fully engaged in the development of the content goals to best exploit the commercial opportunities in the market.
• Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends event marketing and commercial initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
• The development of a functional content calendar throughout the year and event cycle.
• Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
• Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
• Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
• Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics for both content and live events.
• Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing and publishing content.
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure effective distribution of content.
• Translation of content strategy into onsite knowledge programmes, managing the Education Manager to produce and implement.
• Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization strategies.
• Creation of a strategy for developing Social Media and digital, as needed.
• Work closely with the marketing team on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
You will be measured on a number of factors, achieving commercial targets, the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects into the enterprise through the consistent development and deployment of content to each persona group. Success criteria include:
• Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
• An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action…i.e. conversions, subscription, purchase, etc.).
• Website and social media traffic growth.
• Event visitor growth.
• Conversion metrics definition and growth.
• Social media positive sentiment metrics.
• Customer feedback and survey data.
• Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
• Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of event calendars.
Primary criteria for success are commercial considerations, customer and employee affinity and. Success is measured around revenues, lifetime customer value, customer and employee satisfaction.
Ideal candidate profile:
• A strong understanding of content and it’s delivery across multiple channels
• A strategic thinker and team player
• Creativity and initiative in a marketing environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentations and report writing
• Empathy and understanding of other cultures within a commercial context
• Market vision and the ability to acquire quickly detailed knowledge of the Meetings industry
• The ability to further develop business opportunities and to launch new initiatives
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
• Experience in developing and implementing content strategies
• Ability to develop new concepts for marketing content
• Stakeholder management
• Strategy Development
If this exciting content marketing job interests you please send a CV to Ross Brander at Brandgaard Recruitment