Purchase Ledger Assistant
Reporting to the Management Accountant, your role will be to manage the purchase ledger process and to assist in the development of the purchase ledger functionality within the new practice management system.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Experience working in an Accounting/Finance team within a purchase ledger function would be preferable but not essential.
- Focused, driven individual open to change and enjoys a challenge.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral, able to engage with people at all levels both internally and externally.
- Self-motivated with the ability to use initiative and to work as part of a team.
- Must be organised, able to work to deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills (Microsoft office/outlook/Excel)
- Register and code supplier invoices onto the finance system
- Set-up new suppliers on finance system and review payment terms
- Manage invoice authorisation process. Scan and distribute invoices to relevant budget holders and further process authorised invoices into finance ledgers, ensuring all transactions are posted on a timely basis
- Reconcile supplier statements to purchase ledger balances
- Review payments due report and prepare fortnightly payment run via BACS
- Distribute remittance advices to suppliers
- Process staff expenses onto finance system and manage fortnightly expense run
- Maintain a clear and efficient filing system, keeping records of all invoices and any other relevant documentation
- Liaise with cashiering team to process standing orders/direct debits relating to supplier payments
- Process bulk transaction invoices for travel company and assist with the development of the automated invoice upload
- Manage the Counsel fee ledger, chasing Counsel for receipted VAT invoices
- Assist with the creation of purchase order system linked to the new practice management system