Salary: £35k doe
My client is now looking for an experienced QS who can manage 2 relatively news and trained QS’s. You will be involved with valuations and although some of these will be on site a lot can be worked on from the office in Poole. Having said that, you will be expected to go on site as this is key to learn what my client does but it wont be every week.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in surveying
- Extensive product knowledge related to the core activities of the business
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Recruitment & Selection Skills
- Performance management skills, including appraisals
- On overview of construction industry contract law
- Ability to be able to read, analyse and interpret contract documents
- Strong organisational skills including project related paperwork and time management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including written, telephone and face to face
- Ability to identify and define problems, collate data, establish facts and propose and implement solutions
- Profit & Loss understanding and responsibility including managing budgets
Excellent Outlook, Word and Excel Skills
Ideally you will have ability in FileMaker, AstaPower project, AutoCAD as well as a related HNC/HND/Degree qualification in QS and a relevant CSCS certification. You will also have a full driving licence.
To accurately value contracts on a monthly basis together with assisting the Commercial Manager with the management of on-going contracts, through to monthly project revenues and final contract close of the works my client secure’s and to help ensure the commercial success of the contract team that they are in.
- To carry out and issue monthly valuations on all contracts, ensuring they are issued in the correct detailed format, contain accurate information on completed works along with ensuring they are issued in line with the contract valuation dates
- To ensure the successful closure of contract final accounts in line with business KPI’s - by being proactive in addressing client queries and concerns to close accounts quickly while maintaining agreed margins
- To ensure that all current legislation and regulations related to the works and products are followed and adhered to
- To ensure that our operative and subcontractors works are accurately measured and valued in order to maintain control of costs and provide the accounts department with accurate information in order to pay our operatives / subcontractors
- To liaise with subcontractors to ensure that their invoices accurately reflect the works undertaken and issue payment notices in line with current legislation
- To value variations on contracts and ensure their timely issue to the client, to then secure client instruction in line with the contract team procedures.
Immediate start available.