Systems Support Engineer - Edinburgh City Centre
Systems Support Engineer to join an established and growing Software Support team based in Edinburgh city centre on a permanent basis. This is an opportunity for a motivated Support Analyst looking to take the next step within a Fortune 500 organisation.
Day to day you will be responsible for supporting the companies bespoke management software, acting as the second point of contact for all customer and clients queries. You will work to understand each individual issue, providing a timely response whether it be an escalation to the Engineering Team or troubleshooting the issue yourself. You must possess excellent customer facing skills and will continually work to exceed company and team performance targets.
This role offers ample room to progress both technically and professionally as the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop into the technical team lead. When this does come to fruition you will be a focal point for a team of Customer support technicians splitting your time equally between management /mentoring and day to day support.
With this in mind you must come from a diverse background encompassing management and support experience or have a desire to move into a management type role. Prior experience in people management, mentoring and training junior members of staff, paired with a solid background in providing technical support, would be an advantage.
- Technical Systems support
- Providing 2nd line Networking and Application Support - SQL
- Taking the lead on all calls, providing a timely and efficient fix or escalation
- Working to understand customer issues, advising on the appropriate action
- Documenting all calls on the companies CRM, regularly updating customers on progress
- Be the main point of contact for technical support queries
- Working to continuously improve day to day functionality and process of the support team. Using trend analysis to establish what is affecting the department.
- Ability to train Technicians in company processes and Application Support.
- Ability to manage high call volumes, ensuring all calls are dealt with in an effective, timely manner.
Skill Set and Experience:
- Experience working in a helpdesk support environment
- Solid experience in IT technical support in senior support role.
- Full lifecycle exposure and understanding of Agile methodologies would be an advantage
- ITIL V3 foundation level accreditation would be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of support methodologies, best practices, KPI management
- Experience of utilising IT Service Management systems to effectively manage, allocate and monitor support tasks.
- Capable of technical analysis into reported issues, networking, operating system and applications
If this is the role for you please apply and call Callum Hunter, Infrastructure and Support Consultant on .
Senior Support / IT Support Lead / Helpdesk Lead / Technical Lead / System Support / Networking / Systems / SQL / Management / ITIL / Agile / KPI's / Service Management / Edinburgh / Permanent