Risk & Controls Consultant
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Risk & Controls Consultant to work with one of the worlds best known consulting firms supporting a team of Risk Assurance specialists.
Your role will involve the following:
- Being part of a team that performs services including IT risk reviews, programme/project assurance, third party assurance, IT operational, security and data reviews (in addition to IT general controls and business process reviews)
- Working directly with a broad range of clients (audit and non-audit), across a number of different sectors to deliver both assurance and advisory engagements including internal and external audit support assignments.
- Leading fieldwork for lower complexity engagements, and supporting more senior team members in more specialist areas
- Enhancing client controls environments, including developing integrated risk and control frameworks and building remediation plans for key client issues
- Exposure to current thinking in technology governance and risk management
- Building client relationships through engagement delivery, identifying opportunities to help clients resolve their challenges, and supporting the engagement sales process
- Supporting the activities of an assigned industry group, including sharing experiences, raising the profile of Risk Assurance services across the wider Assurance team, and supporting business development initiatives.
- Opportunity for working from home? Minimal but project dependent
- Amount of time client based - 70%
- Opportunity for job sharing? No
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home? Yes - project dependent
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? Yes
- Amount of time office based - 30%
- Experience in complex ERP environments including Oracle, SAP or MS Dynamics
- Process and controls experience including planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of assignments
- Understanding of Internal Control Frameworks e.g. COSO and end to end processes
- Awareness of common project governance methodologies and the risks of project based delivery, e.g. PRINCE 2, PMP, MSP
- Experience in reviewing IT General Controls including Change Control, Access Rights and IT Operations
- Experience of at least one ERP application e.g. SAP or Oracle.
- Experience in delivering internal audit and advisory assignments
- Understanding of how the IT general controls evaluation integrates into the overall financial audit assurance;
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities;
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential) with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and with internal teams
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge the status quo
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques
- Strong desire for personal continuous improvement
- Awareness of current/emerging market trends and issues
- Ability to follow formal methodologies and applying risk and quality standards
- Technically strong and numerate with a commercial focus on engagements
- Excellent verbal skills and report writing capability
- Able to work autonomously without the need for day to day direct management
- Proficient networker and relationship builder
- Team player
- Experience in auditing financial and operational controls within a wide range of business processes;
- ACA (or equivalent) fully or part qualified or CIMA qualified; and/or
- IIA or CISA qualified;
- Certified in relevant areas such as ITIL, PRINCE2, MSP, PMP, and/or TOGAF
- Sarbanes Oxley experience,
- Knowledge of other ERP solutions;
- Experience of third party reporting standards such as ISAE 3000, ISAE 3402, SSAE 16
- Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments at a task and organisation level.
If you can relate to the above skills and experience and are interested in working with a truly world class organisation, please get in touch with your CV!
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.