Accounting Technician 2 x positions available
Full time, 37 hours per week
£17,300 - £24,000 p.a.
Part of the Finance Business Support Team, you will report to an Assistant
Accountant and will work closely with colleagues and a Finance Business Partner to ensure the delivery of a high performing, customer facing finance service which proactively embraces change.
As an Accounting Technician you will provide high quality advice, information, analysis and interpretation to finance colleagues and budget holders. You will underpin effective decision making, meaningful performance management and meet statutory requirements. You will achieve high customer satisfaction levels and make a real and demonstrable difference to the delivery of the Council's business.
The Accounting Technician will deliver all aspects of financial management support to Finance Professional Services and front line budget holders. The role is expected to build strong relationships with finance colleagues and internal partners.
Specifically, the purpose of the role is to:
- Assist in the management of financial resources, to ensure probity, efficiency, high performance and overall value for money
- Understand customer needs and provide them with a service they value
- Support the delivery of finance productivity and efficiency improvement and cost reduction plans so that the transformation strategy can be achieved
- Provide officers with high quality financial advice and information on financial standards and practices
- Support the delivery of projects as requested
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.