A fantastic opportunity to join our award winning client, in an assistant buyer. The role is Monday-Friday and 8.5 working hour day with 1 hour for lunch. In your lunch break you can enjoy their canteen or even make the most of the excellent facilities available nearby for example squash courts, gym or even join in the lunch time running group.
Successful candidate’s overall objectives will be working to a brief too;
- Proactively source new suppliers
- Negotiating competitive rates with new suppliers to maximise profitability
- Work closely with supplier and purchasing team to ensure a smooth and efficient journey for new supplier’s.
Our client expects candidates to have the following:
- An excellent, upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to build strong relations with business clients
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Ability to stay motivated and stay proactive when receiving rejection
The key duties include:
- To research suitable suppliers according to given brief
- Ensure that all contracts for suppliers are correct and completed to deadline
- Negotiate to directors level through telephone and email correspondence
- Meet set KPI’s with outbound calls and ensuring margins requirements achieved
- Ensure all admin is chased up and completed
- Manage log and respond to business enquiries
What our client offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus opportunity once out of probation
- Director outings to sample suppliers
- 3 days paid sick, if not used can be banked following year as holiday or paid to you in January.
- Vibrant, fun office environment
- Superb training and ongoing support
- Opportunity for progression
- In-house competitions to achieve time off and or prizes.