Senior Brand Manager (FMCG/Retail)
Our client is a global retail brand, and household name whose vision is simply to become the very best in the field. Due to continued growth and success they are now searching for a Senior Brand Manager to join their marketing team.
Their vision is underpinned by a continuous obsession to understand the needs, wants and aspirations of their customers and build meaningful brands that fulfil these needs. Their own brands are worth over £13bn and their positioning, offer and proposition are pivotal in driving this transformation for their customers. Therefore the Senior Brand Manager role will be crucial in ensuring the offer and proposition are where they need to be.
The ideal Senior Brand Manager candidate will have a minimum of 5 -10 years Brand Management experience in an FMCG environment, and have worked with retailers delivering successful brnad innovation, development and stretegy, as well as having a thorough and deep understanding of the end to end brand process.
- Understanding brand health by category and identify key growth opportunities (AWOP, penetration, frequency)
- Complete annual brand reviews and brand plans for the key strategic brands in your portfolio
- Support the Head of Brand in brand positioning, brand pyramid and global brand guidelines
- Support the Head of Brand in developing a brand style guide which builds equity whilst providing categories the flexibility to drive growth
- Add value to the commercial teams through deploying knowledge around your target customers, macro trends in health and your brand
- Influence the commercial teams ensuring all decisions relating to your brands are in line with the Brand Strategy and Customer Insight
- Ensure appropriate brand governance around packaging design, pack and product development
- Input into customer led ranging and category re-sets ensuring your brand plays a relevant role in each category
- Lead the development of the strategic elements of all packaging design briefs ensuring all design development work is in line with your brand strategy
- Lead the identification and execution of an equity building plan of communication, sampling, advocacy and events ensuring all execution within the Marketing team is in line with your brand strategy and design guidelines
- Drive the strategic product development direction including gap analysis and ideation
Essential Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of branding, brand strategy and brand architecture
- Comprehensive understanding of research methodologies including: U&As; Concept Testing/Screening; Sensory Testing; packaging design testing and Qual/Quant Needs Segmentation
- Writing Communication Briefs and executing TTL brand communication
- Ideation and product innovation
- Packaging design - having led major new brand re-designs
- Experience of working in a fast moving environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working with major retailers
- Media touch-point planning
- FMCG industry experience
- Pricing architecture
- Managing external agency relationships
They need people who share their ambition to deliver for their customers and develop differentiated brands to create unique reasons to shop with them. We are looking for a passionate and confident Senior Brand Manager, willing to take the initiative and drive them forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant future career development opportunities.
So if you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed in the role of Senior Brand Manager then please apply now for immediate consideration.