Reg Change Manager
Regulatory Change Manager | UK, London
My client a Tier 1 Investment bank are seeking a VP Regulatory Change Manager to track and respond to new financial service industry regulatory changes.
Overall purpose of role
- Planning and monitoring the Programme/project progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- Ensuring the regulatory book of work for which they are accountable are aligned to, and deliver against, the objectives and strategy
- Managing a team of a highly skilled colleagues in completing Impact assessing of all regulations impacting the firm to be able to identify accountable executive, delivery owner and ensure a readiness check is completion for transition into a delivery programme; role will require the Lead to work on some IAs directly where a regulation is very complex
- Ensuring a delivery project is mobilised to appropriate levels of quality, timely and with allocated initial budget within the allocated timelines
- Experience of leading and managing Communication with senior stakeholders - e.g. Senior MDs, Head of Business / Products, Head of Functions, ExCo Members
- Managing the internal and external dependencies and interfaces between regulations and identifying responses that are strategic and aligned across the company
- Decide on strategic options and assessments work to develop responses and options to respond to regulatory change
- Interface with multiple stakeholders across legal, compliance and technology to develop appropriate requirements, processes and solutions
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Influence with a wide-ranging audience across front-line, back office and central support areas to gain buy-in to design requirements and development plans.
- Motivate and develop members to drive the best results for the organisations and help them through difficult conversation with stakeholders given the demanding nature of the role i.e. landing every regulation with a delivery owner
- Lead and facilitate workshops, engaging stakeholders, subject matter experts and attendees at all levels; majority of the role will involve providing leadership input and steer to the team with at times having to run workshops directly on complex regulations
- Manage key stakeholders and the wider Group
- Secure support of stakeholders/interested parties, within and external, to achieve goals.
- Recruit, retain and manage contract analyst resources, ensuring they work to common standards. Ensure their knowledge and experience is shared.
- Maintaining awareness of business process development and change throughout the business.
- Effectively manage the impact of planned change on those processes and the business areas affected by that change
- Understand Group processes & policies and ensure adherence to them.
- Use appropriate skills and experience to be able to flex working style with stakeholders and experience of working in a fast paced and outcome driven organisations
- Experience of working with business stakeholders to facilitate translation of regulatory requirements into impacts across customer journeys / product coverage, technology, processes, colleagues and clients
- Understand the impact of regulatory requirements on processes and the business areas that use them and develop operating model designs and processes that implement the requirements in an optimal way from a client experience, process & cost efficiency perspective.
- Ensure the impact assessments are detailed enough to provide delivery teams the required details to plan delivery phase
- Ensure there is timely and appropriate escalation of issues relating to regulatory landscape with an aim to ensure an outcome is driven out of these escalations; taking ownership of the ultimate objective
- Contribute to the development of business analysis, change management tools, techniques, standards and methodologies to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain leading-edge personal and professional development by regular and focused activity, which covers the complete development spectrum (i.e. conferences, courses, personal coaching etc).
- Keep up to date personally with latest thinking in chosen subject/discipline by addressing and attending conferences, producing research material for leading-edge journals, etc
- Ability to operate in a complex, matrix environment and work with cross functional groups and establish rapport and credibility at all levels
- Understanding of Financial Services environment
- Experienced in stakeholder management at a senior level (e.g. ExCo level)
- Awareness of key drivers of service excellence and operational efficiency
- Understanding of full project lifecycle
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment for a big-5 firm, minimum 8 -10 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of complex Financial Services environments
- Understanding of financial regulatory environment
- Experience working with front office / coverage / business colleagues and delivering positive and timely outcomes by engaging these stakeholders
Regulatory Change Manager | UK, London