Kinect Recruitment's consultancy client are seeking a Machine Learning Software Developer. You will use Machine Learning techniques to analyse the latest in optical and radar remotely sensed imagery. Working within the Software Development team, you will be responsible for developing new and innovate Machine Learning techniques that will under-pin our future products and services.
- Developing the clients Machine Learning capability
- Collaborating with Universities to manage our PhD and KTP relationships.
- Research and develop an understanding of the art of the possible
- Move existing processes over to new Machine Learning processes
- Develop new capability to process and analyse data rapidly to create a new range of products
- Collaborating with both UK and International technology partners.
You will have a broad background in Machine Learning development with five year’s commercial or academic experience. Key requirements for the role are:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in deploying machine learning algorithms in a spatial context for object detection and identification
- A degree in either computer science or a science discipline which includes a strong emphasis on computer programming
- A strong technical background with proven track record in successful software development, implementation, bug fixing and support
- Excellent coding standards, including appropriate formatting, commenting and version management
- A solid understanding of computer logic in general, including optimising software for use on available hardware and multi-threading
- Experience using the GIT versioning system (e.g. through GitHub)
- Excellent team worker with good communication skills
- Familiarity with at least one IDE for software development
- Experience of working and collaborating with a technical development team
- Ability to work and appropriately express ideas with non-technical colleagues and clients
- Excellent report writing skills, enabling the creation of both detailed technical reports and accessible client facing reports
- Knowledge and experience of using object oriented programming languages such as Python, Java or C++
- Strong mathematical background