Major Gifts Fundraiser
The Major Gifts Fundraiser - Scotland will work with the Major Gifts team and the Scottish Office to lead on raising funds from Scottish based Trust/Foundations and Major Donors. The post will contribute to the income targets of the Major Gifts Team and the wider operational targets. Working with the Major Donor Manager, the Major Gifts team and teams across the Charity, the role demands effective cultivation and stewardship of trusts, donors and prospects, to retain existing support and secure new sources of funding.
1. To implement the organisations strategy in Scotland for raising money from trusts and major donors, looking for areas of continuous improvement, in line with the company's fundraising policy and principles.
2. To work towards an agreed annual income target and support the management of the Major Gifts Team expenditure budget.
3. To seek out large gifts from Scottish based trusts and major donors for the organisation and build and manage a strong pipeline of prospects contributing to sustainable growth in the charities Major Gifts fundraising programme.
4. To write compelling cases for support and detailed, accurate and appropriate reports for major donors and trusts.
5. To develop strong relationships with existing major donors and grant making trusts and seek to increase their financial support of the charity.
6. To co-ordinate events and the production of marketing materials as required, liaising with the organisations colleagues based in Edinburgh on venues, promotion etc.
7. To liaise with the Prospect Researcher to identify potential Scottish based Trust funders and Major donors
8. To identify and establish cultivation opportunities for major donors and trust prospects, alongside the wider Major Gifts team and Scotland Team.
9. To liaise with the Major Gifts team, the data protection officer and the data team to ensure the organisation is compliant with fundraising regulations and data protection requirements at all times
10. Ensure that all solicited and ongoing funder relationships are managed in accordance with the charity's fundraising policy, principles and procedures.
11. To update prospect and supporter records on the supporter database and to use the database’s analysis and reporting functions as needed.
12. To take responsibility for their own health, safety and welfare, comply with the organisations Health & Safety policy and procedures, and not act in any way that compromises the safety of themselves, colleagues or the public.
13. To manage the health and safety of volunteers, including conducting risk assessments as appropriate, and ensuring they have access to, and participate in, appropriate instruction, training and supervision.
14. To deliver all aspects of this job description in accordance with the organisations Equality and Diversity Policy.
15. To undertake any other relevant duties or projects delegated by the line manager, which are in line with the responsibilities of the post
- Prior experience or knowledge of fundraising from major donor individuals and/or trusts and foundations.
- Knowledge of principles of Major Donor fundraising or trust fundraising Experience/Ability
- Excellent standard of written work, and the ability to write a compelling and articulate case for support
- Ability to work alone and as part of a successful team.
- Previous experience of Trust and/or Major Donor fundraising, and of writing successful and compelling applications to a broad range of funders
- Experience in securing six figure gifts from high net worth individuals and / or charitable trusts
- Experience/ability to manage events and co-ordinate colleagues and volunteers
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and colleagues of all levels
- Ability to manage and prioritise a demanding workload and to work to tight, and sometimes conflicting, deadlines
- Experience of researching potential funders and identifying key targets.