KennedyPearce are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the UK's leading retail agencies for an Accounts Assistant.
The role forms part of a small Group Finance team. The Accounts Assistant works closely with the Assistant Management Accountant, with both positions reporting directly to the Group Accountant.
The Accounts Assistant and Assistant Management Accountant are both responsible for the financial management of the head office entities, which primarily hold the group function cost centres, group treasury function activity and various other smaller holding companies. The individual should be adaptable, quick to pick up new concepts and eager to understand the activities that are going on in each head office entity. They should be comfortable with using Microsoft Excel and have a good attention to detail.
- Inter-company balances - journal entries, invoicing, reconciliation and ensuring timely settlement
- VAT - monthly reporting and analysis
- Recharges - monthly review and journal entries
- Bank reconciliations and setting up weekly payment runs
- Monthly maintenance of accruals and prepayments schedules
- ONS returns - completion on a quarterly basis
- Overall responsibility for the small head office entities - includes monthly management accounts preparation, statutory accounts preparation, responsibility for annual budgeting process and re-forecasting process 3 times a year
- Assisting with queries from auditors during the year end audit process
- Annual maintenance of process notes for the team's regular responsibilities
- Diligent maintenance of filing for support for all payments and receipts, as well as ensuring all relevant electronic records are appropriate maintained and stored
- Various office activities including distribution of post to the team