The following list is not exhaustive but is typical of the duties which the Management Accountant will be expected to perform or be responsible for:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to strict deadlines.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations in support of the management accounts.
- Review management accounts including variance analysis.
- Preparation of KPI reports to supplement the monthly MI.
- Preparation and reconciliation of quarterly VAT Returns.
- Support for the Senior Accounts Assistant in the preparation and submission of other tax compliance reports, e.g. payroll taxes, P11Ds, Class 1A NI and CIS returns.
- Reconcile Project Accounting reports to Nominal Ledger, identify and highlight poor profit making / loss-making projects.
- Lead the monthly stock count process including coordination, count process, reconciliations, valuations, variance analysis, obsolescence provisions.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.