Project Manager with Business Analyst Skills
Working within the software development team, and sharing projects and responsibilities with another BA/PM, your role spans the range of products and service offerings. Projects are often data-centric. Our products include an ever evolving trading system and an audio delivery system both with complex user stories.
The role is client-facing (though many projects are internally driven) and includes business analysis, requirements specification, project management and account management.
While some parts of the business operate along Agile lines, some others have yet to transition to these leaner processes. You will have a key role in being able to shape working practices.The Role
- Capture and analyse needs of (internal and external) customers, helping them to assess the impact of change and know what's possible
- With the Head of Development and other Project Manager, shape projects (consider priorities/phasing/agile structure/commercial constraints).
- Manage the delivery of projects, communicating effectively with the customer
- Coordinate and contribute to software testing.
- Manage risk
- Contribute to the regular review and prioritisation of incoming projects / individual bug-reports raised
- Pitch solutions to internal and, with support, external customers
- Be a point-of-contact for clients during initial roll-out of new solutions, during transition to our client service team
- Share responsibility for all aspects of client accounts: producing quotes, reviewing charges, etc.
- Respond to enquiries and allocate associated work to relevant teams
- Review the service we offer; proactively make clients aware of services we can offer them.
- You'll have solid project management experience working in a small-medium sized business working on a number of software development projects simultaneously, so you'll know all about the need to prioritise!
- You'll have shown good results in delivering software projects through the full project life cycle
- Your communication and facilitation skills are excellent
- You'll be familiar with (though not necessarily qualified in) agile project management methodologies such as Scrum
- you will have worked alongside developers on web development projects previously (but software skills are not required)
- You're interested in working with data and are capable of doing so
The team is relaxed, sociable and welcoming - and our casual dress code helps foster that environment. The company is small enough to mean we work openly with all areas of the business (our events, marketing, data, commercial, IT, news and management teams) - but we're big enough to have appropriate tools and processes in place to make your work easier, more productive and more enjoyable. You'll get a decent PC or laptop with peripherals to suit your way of working.
We have a generous budget for employee education - so whether online learning or traditional courses help you best, or you'd just prefer to trawl Amazon for books to help you learn, we will support your advancement.
We will never hold you back from taking on more responsibility if you are capable.
We are perfectly positioned for the cafés, pubs, restaurants and shops, with great tube, bus and rail links. Or if you would prefer to cycle, there's room for your bike. Our profitable business is well-established but privately owned - and highly respected within the media industry. Join us to be part of the continuing journey!