Up to £40,000 + Up to 20% Bonus
Our client, a leading UK care provider, is looking for a Service Manager to join their 69-bed care home based in County Durham. This care centre provides residential, nursing and dementia care for older people.
They provide a number of therapies, resources and facilities and are focused on ensuring people receive the highest standard of care to suit their individual needs.
- Ensuring all staff deliver positive and measurable outcomes for the people we support
- Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and national minimum standards
- Ensure all needs of the people we support are identified and their assessed needs met and supported by the implementation of appropriate regular reviewed Support Plans and risk assessments
- Ensure the NMC Code of Conduct is adhered to
- Adhered to company policies and procedures
- Ensure the service and its resources' are managed effectively, economically and efficiently
- Maintain effective budgetary management and control and achieve profitability
- Prepare and submit all budgetary and other financial information as directed
- Ensure staff receive required levels of supervision, training and support to ensure that the needs of both the people support
- Considerable experience in an older people care environment
- Experience of a person centered approach to deliver positive outcomes for the people we support
- Demonstrable management experience
- Experience of developing a service
- A desire and commitment to deliver a quality service to the people we support
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to problem solve
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- RGN / RMN qualified with valid NMC pin number preferred but not essential
- Company Sick Pay
- Up to 20% bonus
- Pension - up to 6% matching contributions
- Up to 27 days annual leave depending on length of service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Child Care vouchers
- Cost of DBS Check
- NMC PIN reimbursed
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
Positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application.
All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our client's policy and organisational requirements.
For more information please contact Emma on or send an up-to-date CV
Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application. If you haven't been contacted within this period, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.