Remote Sensing Technician
Kinect Recruitment's consultancy client are seeking a Remote Sensing Technician, you will work with the latest in optical and radar remotely sensed imagery to generate analysis ready data. Working within the production team, you will be responsible for identifying, sourcing and pre-processing the data that under-pin our products and services. You will also play a crucial role in our catastrophe (CAT) rapid response team by sourcing data and imagery collected as events unfolds and using these data to conduct post event damage mapping and analysis.
- Image / Data acquisition, cleansing and pre-processing.
- Image interpretation and analysis, often focussed on damage extent mapping following CAT events.
- Web based data searches for CAT event imagery (flooding, forest fires, earthquakes etc.)
- Assist with data management, storage and delivery to clients.
- Provide technical support to the bidding process. Report writing.
- Collaborating with both UK and International partners.
You will have a broad background in Remote Sensing and GIS with five year’s commercial experience. Candidates with an MSc in Remote Sensing / GIS are preferred but those with equivalent commercial experience will also be considered. Key requirements for the role are:
- Demonstrable experience of utilising Remote Sensing / GIS in a commercial environment.
- Flexibility to alter working hours at short notice in the rare event of a natural catastrophe.
- A strong technical background, with a keen interest in developing new methodologies to solve complex spatial problems.
- Knowledge of one of the main raster GIS packages, such as ERDAS Imagine, is preferable.
- A high level of skill in one of the main vector GIS tools, such as QGIS or ArcGIS.
- Experience of web-based data searching e.g. Social media scraping.
- A good understanding of statistical analysis techniques preferable.
- Excellent communication skill, both written and verbal, is essential.
- Excellent report writing and documentation skills.
- Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to work across a broad range of topics including Oil and gas, Agriculture, Environmental monitoring and Insurance.