Business Travel Consultant
Business Travel Consultant
As one of the top 10 fastest growing Travel Management companies in the UK, our client is now looking for a Business Travel Consultant and a Senior Business Travel Consultant to join their team in Edinburgh.
They are looking for individuals with exceptional levels of customer service to support their clients by processing travel booking requests, amendments, and cancellations.
This top 10 TMC, has an exciting range of accounts and offers support to clients across a variety of sectors, so this is an excellent opportunity to flex and develop your skills.
No two days are the same in this exciting role, but on a typical day you will;
- Assist clients with their travel enquiries both over the phone and via email, including (but not limited to) booking flights, hotels, rail, car-hire, airport parking and advising on travel visas requirements.
- Convert general enquiries into actual bookings utilising all the tools and technology available.
- Take ownership of travel requests enquiries received in writing or over the telephone
- Ensure all communication both written and verbal is professional, accurate and conducted in a timely manner.
- Accurately process data and issue invoices to ensure compliance with ISO standards.
- Support any commercial agreements which are in place.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service is offered to internal and external customers at all times
- Log and deal with customer complaints and reduce future issues, escalating where necessary.
To be successful in this role our ideal candidate will have;
- Previous experience working as a Business Travel Consultant
- GDS proficient, and knowledge of airline, rail fares and ticketing
- Experience & knowledge of selling nett fares, air passes, RTW fares and re-issues would be a distinct advantage
- Proven customer service experience, working with calls and emails
- Good knowledge of the rail network industry
- Computer literate with experience of email and web based programs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to think logically and consider all relevant aspects
- The ability to work under pressure, in a fast paced environment
In return they offer a competitive salary with the opportunity to grow and develop your career plus;
- 23 days holiday + Bank holidays
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Pension, Childcare vouchers, Company funded nights out, Discounted Travel and incentive trips and prizes
So if you're a high performer with a passion for travel and possess outstanding customer service skills then please get in touch by sending your CV over.