Strategy & Commissioning Manager - Sexual Health/Mental Health/
Strategy & Commissioning Manager - Sexual Health/Mental Health/LD & Dementia
- Support, as part of the commissioning team of the Council's Clinical Commissioning Group at a Borough Council in developing and delivering the corporate vision and priorities.
- lead, manage and be accountable for commissioning across both health and social care for mental health, learning disability and dementia and sexual health, working in collaboration with clinical and social care leads.
- act as advisor to the Head of Integrated Commissioning of MH/LD & Dementia (50%) and Group Manager for Commissioning, Performance, Planning & Workforce (50%) and senior officers of both organisations for Mental Health, Learning Disability and Dementia and Sexual Health.
- Ensure that those services within the remit of this post are delivered within the Council/PH framework of quality standards, performance targets, budgetary control and legislative framework requirements.
- Ensure that all commissioning, including Public Health, is based upon high quality evidence.
- Work in collaboration with other commissioners, Directors of SBC, Executive team of CCG, Clinicians and members to ensure that services are joined up appropriately and are aligned to the achievement of the Council, CCG and PH's aims and objectives.
- Deliver joint commissioning work programme, and ensure this delivers the requirements of the Sustainability & Transformation Plan (STP), Health and Wellbeing Strategy, Joint Investment Plans (including planning for and delivering the Better Care Fund), the Council's Health System Strategic Plan, the Councils People Group Medium Term Financial Strategy and priorities identified within Joint Commissioning Strategies.
- The post holder will be required to contribute to long term strategic plans in line with the bold and progressive transformation of local and regional Mental Health and Learning Disability service provision, both for the CCG and for the Council and to take responsibility for implementation and management of agreed corporate priorities.
- Responsible for delivering long term strategic plans which involve uncertainty and have an impact across the whole organisation.
- The post requires advanced theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of sexual health/mental health services and equivalent level of organisational, procedural and policy knowledge.
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to communicate on highly complex matters and difficult situations
- Ability to provide and receive, convey and present highly complex, sensitive and/or contentious information to large groups, responding openly to questions to ensure full understanding and engagement
- Highly developed knowledge and experience of commissioning sexual health/mental health services
- Experience of leading effective negotiation, development and innovation and service change
- Experience of managing projects or similar functions in a complex environment and with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to develop, maintain and monitor information systems to support innovation initiatives
- Ability to make decisions autonomously, when required, on difficult issues
- Demonstrates sound judgement in the absence of clear guidelines or precedent, seeking advice as necessary from more senior management when appropriate
- Experience of contract negotiation, implementation and management
- Experience of presenting information in formal and informal settings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on complex contractual and financial matters
- Ability to work on own initiative and organise workload, allocating work as necessary, working to tight and often changing deadlines.
Capita Professional Recruitment welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Professional Recruitment is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.