JOB SPECIFICATION – FINANCE MANAGER
My client the UK’s leading provider of integrated professional support service solutions, require an experienced Finance Manager to join this well-established division based in Central London.
This is a “Hands On” role which provides financial support, management and challenge within the business, enabling Profit Centre Leaders to deliver their monthly Profit Centre information and reporting in a timely manner. You will challenge the financial reporting and forecasting, help drive growth and improved profitability as well as aiding effective and efficient management of decision making across the business. You will also ensure strong financial controls and procedures are in place, and proactively support the adherence to the companies policies and procedures. Whilst responsible for key profit centres, the role encompasses supporting the Business Unit in which the Profit centres are situated enhancing the opportunity and scope for career growth.
Financial Management and Reporting Duties:
- Drive monthly Profit Centre reviews, challenge performance and ensure integrity of monthly forecasts within the forecasting system (Axiom) whilst ensuring they are stretching but achievable
- Manage production of monthly MOB reports within set deadlines, ensuring accurate reflection of financial performance and variances
- Help Profit Centre Leaders drive growth and improved profitability and operational resilience by utilisation and monitoring of appropriate KPI’s and other management information and provide challenge thereof
- Carry out regular and timely analysis of staff efficiency and utilisation and liaise with PM’s/PCL’s regarding outputs/results
- Robust review and challenge of WIP/DI to ensure completion of income but also recoverability
- Support the Business Unit Finance Manager/Director and Profit Centre leaders with the production of stretching but achievable annual Business Plan forecasts
- Engage in Bid reviews
- Help assess, mitigate and manage business and financial risks
- Processing of month end journal entries
- You will also manage a small team on a daily basis.
Other Responsibilities in the role of Finance Manager:
- Provide financial support, guidance and training to Profit Centre Leaders/Project Managers
- Support the Business Unit Finance Manager implementing best practice and standard systems, processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with the companies policies and proactively strive for continuous improvement
- Assistance with production of monthly Management Information and ad hoc reports
This position will be based in Central London, but will involve occasional travel to other sites.
Essential Skills/Experience for the role of Finance Manager:
- Professional Accountancy qualification such as CIMA/ACCA/ACA etc.
- Work unsupervised using own initiative
- Credibility and gravitas to influence and shape the future direction of sustainable profitable growth
- Significant experience in the review and management of a project portfolio across a business and multiple stakeholders
- Excellent Project Accounting experience
- Attention to detail but also able to see the “bigger picture”
- Excellent communication skills
- “Hands On” Ability to liaise with non-finance staff at all levels
- Use of SAP
- Microsoft Office experience including excellent Excel skills
You will enjoy excellent career development opportunities alongside a competitive salary and benefits package. For more information on the role of Finance Manager please contact me directly.