Category Buyer required. My client is a leading packaging specialist who due to continued growth are now seeking a new Category Buyer to join their team. This position would suit a candidate with a proven procurement background gained within a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment.
The ideal Category Buyer will be responsible for all aspects of their category with a focus on the purchasing of raw materials to meet customer requirements. The successful Buyer will also improve, develop and streamline the companies' procurement strategy in order to deliver cost savings across the board.
It is envisaged that the successful Buyer will have previous experience of buying plastics and other raw materials and will be responsible for a category annual spend. This position will also require the Buyer to liaise & negotiate with suppliers, deliver cost savings & ensure customer requirements are fulfilled.
Category Buyer Position Overview
- Monitor and adjust inventory levels.
- Ensure high level of product availability
- Build strong relationships with suppliers from Far East.
- Identify viability of potential suppliers of new and existing products.
- Identify and implement cost savings.
- Develop new products lines
- Improve, develop and streamline company procurement strategy
Category Buyer Position Requirements
- Min 4 years + procurement /buying experience
- Previous experience gained within a fast paced high volume manufacturing environment (Plastics/Packaging based would be a distinct advantage)
- Experience with Far East suppliers (would be advantageous)
- Strong Excel skills, previous inventory control experience is preferred.
- Excellent negotiation skills, ability and develop long term relationships with suppliers
- CIPS (would be a distinct advantage)
Category Buyer Position Remuneration
- Salary £27-30K+ (dependent upon experience)
- 28 days' holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company Pension
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy