Workstream's client is currently looking to recruit a Technical Manager / Director to start for them in Loughton. The client is one of the most successful Mechanical Services designers and installers supporting London's foremost residential and commercial developers.
Our client has been in business for over 20 years, and in that time have established themselves with all of the major London builders and developers. They have a reputation for handling large scale and complex projects and delivering excellent workmanship on time, every time.
Purpose of the job:
To ensure technical compliance and enhance the overall service received by the client and to ensure that the business remains competitive through correct project selection as well as continuing to maintain the high standard of installation.
- Overseeing all technical aspects of installation. i.e. regular site inspections and working with Contracts Managers to ensure the installation is specification compliant
- Initial design for Design & Build projects that are being tendered
- Advising the Estimating department on the technical compliance before bidding
- Co-ordination with clients and the outsourced Design team on Design & Build projects
- Working with the Buying department to ensure correct product supply and technical submissions to client
- Reviewing new products that come on to the market
- Attending pre-start meetings and demonstrate the client's technical and professional abilities
- Reviewing and appraising the qualifying quotes and making comments on a like-for-like comparison and compliance with specification and drawing requirements
- Producing a Project Plant Schedule of finalised selections
Main duties will include:
- Working with and technically supporting the Estimating department, as required
- Read the Woodford quote and specification and drawings prior to meetings
- Technical submissions and updating the schedule and qualifying quotes on a like-for-like basis
- Preparing finalised selections from the technical submission schedule/approvals, the specifications and the client quote
- Technically review quotes vs specification
- Support and answer technical queries
- Organise the landlords O&M manuals with the outsourced companies and request the record drawings from CAD
- Technical and Service and Maintenance to review installation and issue certification of completion to clients and discuss health checks
This is a permanent role that is due to start immediately offering an annual salary of £60-75,000 per annum, depending on experience. Ideal candidates will have previous experience within a similar role.
If you would like to apply for this position, please call Workstream's Bicester head office on (Monday-Friday, 08:00-17:30) or click on the Apply link.
Workstream welcomes job applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We regret, however, that we are unable to offer employment to anyone without documented proof of their right to live and work in the EU/EEA.