Supply Chain Planner
Our client, a Global Electronic/Surveillance manufacturing company have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Planner to join their team based at their Scunthorpe office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:· Effectively manage the materials inventory
- Schedule and expedite materials in order to meet production requirements while achieving and maintaining inventory targets.
- Identify obsolete/slow-moving stock and implement processes and procedures to reduce.
- Timely handling of non-conforming and defective materials - including follow-up with Quality Department, users, suppliers, and other relevant parties to identify the issue, assist in determining the root cause and in the implementation of corrective actions. Ensure the information is recorded in the NCR log in a timely manner.
- Proper handling of item transactions, including prompt system transaction and communication to all interested parties.
- Update purchasing parameters of parts in ERP systems to ensure the readiness for future MRP implementation, including up-to-date supplier information, safety stock, lead times and pricing.
- Maintain raw material usage spreadsheet.
- Assist in identifying and resolving inventory errors.
- Collection and processing of Material Order Sheet (MOS) in line with key KPI's of the Supply Chain Management department
- Develop and implement procedural enhancements and improvements which make planning and ordering processes more efficient and effective.
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient supply chain strategies and tactics to improve site production scheduling, inventory planning, inventory management, replenishment and disposition strategies.
- Drive efficiencies and better utilization of the EFACS system.
- Establish and maintain positive interdepartmental and intra-departmental working relationships.
- Clearly and proactively communicate material constraints. Coordinate communication between Manufacturing, Goods-In and Despatch regarding potential delivery problems which may affect the production schedule.
- Contribute creative ideas in relation to your raw material responsibilities
- More effective management of inventory
- Cost reduction / cost saving
- Improvement of systems and processes and their better application
- Elimination of non-value added tasks
- Negotiate, where required, the purchasing terms (price and delivery/payment terms).
- Prepare and issue purchase orders.
- Ensure supplier's acknowledgement of purchase orders is consistent with requested dates and quantities.
- Represent the first level of resolution of invoice and /or receipt-related disputes with suppliers.
- Provide support to the Divisional Managers when undertaking specific projects.
- Represent the department in customer/supplier meetings as required.
- Manage and support framework agreements to ensure contract terms and conditions are met and that KPI's are monitored to achieve maximum benefit for the company.
- Take on purchasing projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of working in an electronics and/or IT technology business desirable but not essential.
- Good communication and listening skills essential.
- Good team player with passion, customer focus, a demonstrated sense of urgency to resolve conflicts as they arise, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- The flexibility to handle a broad range of responsibilities as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work independently without close supervision.
- Strong data analysis, problem solving skills, and math skills.
- Experience in purchasing, procurement and financial processes and methodology, particularly the purchase to pay process
- Ability to develop, and maintain, excellent relationships with internal and external customers, as well as troubleshoot and manage resources to gain solutions to complex supply problems.
- Basic knowledge of supplier management (negotiation and monitoring).
- Knowledge of ERP systems (EFACS).
- Detailed knowledge of MS Applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Good level of general education (e.g., 5 GCSE passes or equivalent, including English and Mathematics). Ideally graduate calibre as if not already CIPS qualified it is a requirement of the role to gain CIPS qualification.
- Further education in a business-related subject would be an advantage.
Working hours are 9am-5pm / 37.5 hours per week. Our client operate a flexible working pattern which enables extra hours to be worked Mon-Thurs to facilitate an early finish on Friday. This is not compulsory and will depend on departmental arrangements to provide appropriate cover to support the rest of the business and a global customer base.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your CV and Covering letter.