We have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join a friendly team on a maternity leave cover basis. The Finance Assistant will be responsible to the Corporate Services Manager within the Corporate Services Department.
Primary Objectives of the Role:
- Manage the day to day purchase ledger function. This includes processing purchase invoices, through to preparation and producing of payments to all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Process all other payments (excluding payroll) on a weekly basis.
- Month end balancing and reconciliations of various accounts. Reporting these figures and passing the relevant documentation onto the Corporate
- Services Manager/ Corporate Services Officer for inclusion in the monthly management accounts.
Purchase Ledger Duties
- Process purchase invoices and credit notes, check supplier statements.
Maintenance of purchase ledger supplier accounts.
Schedule and perform purchase ledger payment runs.
Communicate with suppliers/contractors and staff on a daily basis regarding queries arising with invoices/payments.
Communicate with Software Support regarding staff annual leave and other queries.
Month End Duties
- Reconcile purchase ledger to nominal ledger at month end. Produce list of accruals.
- Reconcile and provide month end reports and figures.
- Produce other reconciliations, investigations, analyses and reports as required.
- Produce all other payments (excluding payroll) on a weekly basis via cheque or via BACS.
- Produce monitoring reports as required.
- Assist in the preparation of schedules and other information for the statutory accounts as required by the Corporate Services Manager.
- Maintain a structured filing system for invoices, credit notes, supplier statements, payments documentation and recharge documents ensuring that all documents are scanned.
- Be knowledgeable of the internal control, policies and procedures of the
- Association and apply them in all financial tasks and administration duties.
- Provide cover for the Corporate Services Assistant whilst on leave and any other duties delegated within the department.
- Investigations, analysis of transactions, internal and external communication, maintenance of spreadsheets, scanning and filing.
- Be aware of the need for Continuous Improvement throughout the organisation and help to promote and embed this culture in everything that we do
Knowledge and skills required:
- Experience of working with financial information and processing large volumes of transactions in accordance with standard accounting procedures.
- Demonstrate moderate numeracy and literacy skills.
- IT training - Good excel and word skills and experience of working with accounting packages
It is essential that applicants can demonstrate they have:
- The ability to work unsupervised and to concentrate on the task in hand
- The ability to establish priorities and to adhere to those priorities
- The ability to electronically process transactions quickly and accurately
- The desire to acquire further knowledge and skills
- The desire to take on additional tasks
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability, confidence and courtesy to deal with customers
- A professional attitude in their work, manner and appearance
- Proven administrative and finance experience
- Proven and sound computer and numerical skills
- An organised and analytical approach to their work and ability to run reports and carry out reconciliations
- The ability to self-motivate and work on own initiative
- The ability to work within a team
- An excellent time keeping and attendance record
- Capable of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
It is desirable that applicants have:
- Knowledge of Windows based systems, specifically Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable processing within a computerised
- Financial Management Information System and preferably an understanding of the workings of Purchase Ledger and Nominal Ledger.
Special working conditions:
- No special working conditions