CAD Project Lead - Anglian Water @one Alliance
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a CAD Project Lead - Anglian Water @one Alliance to join our Water business unit to work in Peterborough.
What you'll be doing
Candidate will be an experienced CAD technician who has the drive and desire to deliver water (and potentially wastewater) projects to the highest quality whilst being responsible for coordinating Engineering CAD deliverables with the project delivery team. The CAD Project Lead will be expected to take primary responsibility for DAC delivery to timescales discussed and agreed with the project delivery team, coordinating the efforts of in-house, remote and supply chain resource teams.
The CAD Project Lead will also be responsible for working with the CAD Manager and CAD Area Lead (Non-Infrastructure) with regard to transitioning the delivery team from 2D to 3D, potentially by working on selected 'Pathfinder' schemes initially to capture the benefit/efficiency cases.
Who we're looking for
- Have experience working with CAD producing high quality Engineering deliverables - preferably for water and wastewater schemes
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of competence of CAD delivery in 2D. Experience in 3D is an advantage but not essential
- Be able to demonstrate experience of delivering CAD projects with sole responsibility and by leading a larger team of CAD personnel
- Be able to demonstrate proven ability of CAD project technical leadership, being able to coordinate in-house, off-site and supply chain resource teams towards common outcomes and deadlines without compromising quality
- Work with DAC Leadership to be confident enough with new and emerging technology to influence others towards its use and the benefits it delivers
- Be able to demonstrate adequate level of CAD competence of all relevant Engineering disciplines involved in water/wastewater - i.e. Process, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of competence working with a relevant CAD product in 2D. Experience with Autodesk products is an advantage
- Hold an HNC in the relevant Engineering discipline (i.e. civil, mechanical) preferred but not essential
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Based in Peterborough, with good transport links from Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Rutland, the roles include all engineering disciplines, quantity surveyors, project delivery managers plus many more.
The contract is based from an integrated office at Peterborough offering a collaborative, innovative and unique working environment with a subsidised café, free parking and teams focused on the customers we serve within the Anglian Water region.
The collaborative working environment allows our teams to develop many technical and personal skills to enhance future personal opportunities within the alliance project.
Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group has been a member of Anglian Water's @one Alliance since 2004, delivering a number of major water projects.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Water's capital investment programme.
The Anglian Water @one Alliance will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion between April 2015 and March 2020, known as AMP6 - the current five year investment period, working closely with Anglian Water operations teams and other key stakeholders.
The contract is for the entire five-year regulatory period, from 2015 to 2020, with extensions which could take it to 2030, making it one of the longest collaborations in the sector. It operates within an alliance of delivery partners set up by Anglian Water.
As a stakeholder within the Anglian Water @one Alliance, Balfour Beatty provide both design and construction services across the whole of Anglian Water's region, which is the largest by geographic area in the UK, stretching from the Humber to the Thames estuary and from Buckinghamshire to the East Coast. Work is mainly focussed on clean water infrastructure (water mains), but also includes wastewater pipes and non-infrastructure projects, such as treatment works.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
We are also Silver Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.