Account manager - Major Risks
Account Manager - Major Risks
As excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Account Manager to join a market leading London market brokers.
- A general working knowledge of International commercial property, employers’ liability, public and products liability, motor, engineering, personal accident, financial lines, professional indemnity and marine covers.
- Knowledge of how to implement and manage global insurance programmes, working with a network of offices, to ensure seamless service delivery.
- A good understanding of insurer rating methods for each class of insurance.
- Ability to build and maintain good business relationships with clients, insurers and associates.
- Ability to identify opportunities for business development.
- Extensive experience in marketing and servicing the insurance needs of client’s accounts.
- Ability to identify developmental needs for Associates and to provide appropriate mentoring and coaching.
- Willingness and ability to continue to develop knowledge of products and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internal and external to the company.
- A good understanding of the general principles of insurance.
- A good understanding of the legal principles applicable to insurance.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and monitor the day to day performance of direct reports and provide support as appropriate.
- Provision of the day to day servicing of a client’s insurance programme to support retention and development of the business.
- Placement of insurances for clients.
- Effective and timely management of all renewals to ensure completion by the due date.
- Preparation of market and client documentation.
- Process accounting entries.
- Check policy documentation for accuracy prior to issue to the client.
- Provision to the client of policy documentation in accordance with FSA regulation.
- Deal effectively (and to the satisfaction of the client and the market) with queries, including but not limited to changes in cover and risk.
- Prompt and accurate resolution of accounts queries.
- Maintenance of a diary system for outstanding workload.
- Undertake Performance and Development Reviews of all direct reporting staff.
- Ability to assist the Unit Manager with the development and implementation of internal controls and procedures to assure the performance of Associates within the unit.
- Identify the risk exposures and advise on insurance and risk management solutions in consultation with the Account Executive/Producer.
- Provision of support to Account Executives, Producers and other client service team members in the overall servicing of the client’s insurance programme.
- Obtain quotations both for new and renewal business as required by the Account Executive/Producer.
- Provision of management information as required by the Managing Producer, COO, Unit Manager or other Associate.
- Manage and co-ordinate global insurance programmes and liaison with our producer network worldwide.
For further details please contact KSA Recruitment Ltd