Material Handling Supervisor
CDM are supporting a Tier 1 Automotive Manufacturing client in the recruitment of a permanent Material Handling Supervisor for their facility in Tyne & Wear. The role is based on a day shift system but may involve shift working that would attract a shift premium when applicable.
The primary function of the role is to manage the movement of the product within the plant and on to the customer. Some key responsibilities include:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on company objectives, production strategies, stock targets and support activities.
- Supervise a team of Team Leaders and Material Handling staff including their safety, training and time sheets.
- Plan and monitor material movement.
- Plan equipment, material and manpower requirements to meet production schedule.
- Coordinate with Production in resolving production planning and control issues.
- Work with cross-functional teams to complete orders on time and within customer specifications.
- Communicate production updates to Managers and customers on regular basis.
- Perform inventory management according to company policies.
- Monitor inventory status and generate monthly inventory reports.
- Identify delivery exception and provide alternative solutions.
- Generate reports on production shortages for analysis.
- Address customer queries and concerns in a timely fashion.
- Develop process improvements for inventory, manufacturing and production control systems
- Maintain a number of Fork Lift Truck’s.
- A strong relationship with the customer is essential as there will be frequent communication and often visits.
- Experience of working in production control in a fast paced manufacturing environment, ideally tier 1 automotive
- Experience with 5S methodology
- Well organised and capable of managing and prioritising workloads
A full job specification is available on request.