Apprentice Data Analyst
The primary role of a data analyst is to collect, organise and study data to provide new business insight. They are responsible for providing up-to-date, accurate and relevant data analysis for the organisation. They are typically involved with managing, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data across the network infrastructure. They have a good understanding of data structures, software development procedures and the range of analytical tools used to undertake a wide range of standard and custom analytical studies, providing data solutions to a range of business issues. They document and report the results of data analysis activities making recommendations to improve business performance. They need a broad grounding in technology solutions to be effective in their role.
Skills - Be able to:
- Import, cleanse, transform, and validate data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for business decision making purposes.
- Present data visualisation using charts, graphs, tables, and more sophisticated visualisation tools.
- Perform routine statistical analyses and ad-hoc queries.
- Use a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data.
- Report on conclusions gained from analysing data using a range of statistical software tools.
- Summarise and present results to a range of stakeholders making recommendations.
Technical Knowledge - Knows and understands:
- The quality issues that can arise with data and how to avoid and/or resolve these.
- The processes involved in carrying out data analysis projects.
- How to use and apply industry standard tools and methods for data analysis.
- The range of data protection and legal issues.
- The fundamentals of data structures, database system design, implementation and maintenance.
- The organisation's data architecture.