IBA Assistant Accountant
An opportunity has arisen for an IBA Accounts Assistant to join the finance team of a city based Lloyd's broker. This role will be responsible for the accounts payable side of the finance team, with a view to developing into corporate accounting. It would be excellent chance for applicants with some IBA experience to train and also receive study support.
Duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the IBA payables ledger and making timely payments to insurers;
- Acting as point of contact for insurers and external auditors via email, telephone, and face-to-face;
- Performing monthly reconciliations of insurer statements;
- Communicating and co-ordinating with the internal credit control team on matters regarding outstanding payments;
- Setting up and authorising claims payments; and
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
This position would be suitable for applicants who have been working within an IBA role for around 1 year. Demonstrable proficiency in MS Excel is essential for this position.