Salary: £30,000, Plus benefits
Looking for a new opportunity, wanting to work for within a faced paced, vibrant environment?
NJR are currently working with an independent Insurance Underwriting agency based in the Birmingham area, who now has an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, talented Liability Underwriter to join their team.
Our client is extremely dynamic and provides an environment for career motivated people to thrive and will fully support / provided those of you wishing to pursue professional qualifications.
You will be provided with a good level of basic salary, a lucrative market leading benefits.
- Underwriting of Liability and CAR risks based on online presentations. Dealing with daily tasks referred in by insurance agents within a 1 hour turnaround time
- Negotiate price, cover and terms for NB, Renewals and MTA’s to win business
- Act as a referral point for agents queries over the phone
- Work closely with scheme underwriters and insurers within own individual empowerment level
- Maintain records in accordance with specified guidelines to meet internal audit requirements and external requirements i.e. Sanctions checking
- Build and maintain insurer relations through regular telephone conversations, including periodic reviews of the scheme and make any suggestions on improvements or amendments where applicable
- Proven experience within a liability underwriting environment
- Good technical understanding of construction and tradesman liability.
- SME/package experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proven track record of managing and prioritising tasks.
- Understanding of FCA and IA principles
This is a fantastic opportunity which can offer real progression within the company.
Keywords: Insurance, Insure, Broker, Commercial, Underwriter, Underwriting, Wholesale, Residential, Property, Liability
For more information please contact one of our specialist consultants