Financial Controls Advisor
Financial Reporting & Controls Advisor
City of London
£60,000 - £75,000 + bonus + benefits
A global Real Estate investment firm is looking for a highly technical accountant to act as an internal consultant to the business advising on IFRS policies and procedures, design and implement processes to manage financial reporting when the business makes acquisitions and manage anything pertaining to SOX.
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following
- Oversee IFRS policies and procedures for UK property reporting group
- Inform controllers of upcoming new standards and potential impact to their reporting
Acquisition integration and structuring
- From an accounting standpoint, must work with various other groups (tax, legal, etc.) through acquisitions to determine and document appropriate accounting treatment and method of accounting
- Design & implement processes to manage financial reporting from subsidiaries/investments to ensure compliance requirements are met
- Integration of internal and external audit functions to maximize efficiencies
- Owner of policies and procedures for the property group - ensure it's kept up to date and new standards are appropriately documented and communicated
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- Significant knowledge and experience of IFRS
- Prior experience of advising on the impact of changing reporting standards in a global business is highly desirable
- The ability to work as a conduit between mutiple business functions
- Articulate with the gravitas to present and advise
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.