My client is looking for an experienced head chef who has built a reputation for quality food and service and enjoys cooking Brasserie style dishes.
You will be responsible for the management and running of all aspects of food, the kitchen and the team whilst ensuring all Food Safety/Health & Safety Standards are met at all times.
Duties to include:
• The post holder will be involved in the development and design of the menu.
• You will be responsible for recruiting, managing, training and performance of all kitchen team members; to include staff appraisals, probationary reviews, and conducting hearings when required in line with company policy.
• To forecast and make sure correct food stock levels are in place on a daily basis.
• Ensure adequate roistered staffing levels and delegating kitchen responsibilities where necessary as per the business needs and forecasting.
• Managing food COS to budget and meeting budget targets.
• Managing stock control within budget.
• Managing kitchen equipment inventory.
• Ensure clear communication is maintained between the Kitchen, Restaurant and other Departments.
• Ensuring staff training where necessary.
• Responsible for the hygiene standards of the kitchen.
• Attend and contribute to any meetings as required.
• Undertaking duty manager responsibilities on a rota basis.
Skills & experience required:
• Previous experience working as a head chef within a quality establishment.
• Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota as well as a willingness and ability to extend or change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
Hours: Full time
Salary: £35,000 plus bonus
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Benefits: Accommodation available, uniform provided, meals on duty, company perk box, anniversary day off and discount on food.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on or apply online. Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge ltd is acting as an employment agency in regards to this permanent vacancy. Our accredited recruitment consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise across our seven specialist recruitment divisions; engineering and manufacturing, finance and accountancy, hospitality, information technology, legal and hr, office support and sales and marketing. Our ever expanding network of client companies exceeds 2800 active organisations that we engage with on a regular basis. We have an unrivalled knowledge of the jobs marketplace so it’s no wonder that we hold an impressive track record of exceeding client and candidate expectations. How do we do it? By “placing people first”.