PHP Developer - eCommerce projects, training & conferences
- Amazing team in a highly respected local software house.
- Plenty of opportunities to learn new skills.
- Great future progression potential at a growing company.
This is an amazing new opportunity for a talented PHP Developer to join a fast-growing and really highly respected digital software house in Bath. They are growing across multiple teams and are looking for the right people to help continue building their already excellent reputation. You’ll be part of a team of 10, with around 20 developers total in the business. This means there will be plenty of opportunity to learn from each other in a friendly and sociable environment. As a business, they believe in helping developers grow and so there will be opportunities for training and conferences along the way!
What experience you'll need
- You’ll need strong PHP skills, coming from a web development based background.
- A solid understanding of OOP is important, as well as experience with SQL (MySQL preferred).
- There's an opportunity to work on their in-house MVC framework which is similar to Laravel and Symfony.
- You’ll need strong communication skills, working both with the other teams and potentially clients.
- Any client facing, project or account management experience would all be a big bonus.
You'll be working on a great mix of projects including building web applications/sites for some well-known ecommerce businesses plus greenfield development on their award-winning platform and other R&D projects. Working alongside 10 other talented Developers you'll be able to learn fast and work collaboratively in an environment where they respect employee’s opinions and ideas so you can expect to be taken seriously and encouraged to innovate regularly. You’ll be getting plenty of experience with some interesting tech such as VueJS, ReactJS, Twig, SASS, Chef, Elasticsearch and AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS).
What you'll get in return for you talents
These guys have a fantastic set-up with smart, central offices close to the train station, fully stocked with pool table, foosball table, bbq's, N64, Punchbag whilst also offering tickets to tech conferences, flexible working hours, long xmas shutdown and gym membership not to mention excellent career prospects. You can expect a competitive salary (ranging from £25-32k) and the opportunity to be part a real success story working on exciting projects with real diversity.
Jack’s handling this opportunity, get in touch with him directly or apply now!