Plan, direct, and monitor preventative and corrective electrical maintenance and repair activities so that the business unit's buildings, facilities, machinery, and equipment operate safely and reliably.
Key Accountabilities :
- Plan, prioritise, schedule, and manage electrical activities (for example planned maintenance programmes, shut-downs, or emergency repairs) to rectify break-downs and malfunctions and minimise business disruptions.
- Develop and implement electrical repair and maintenance procedures; monitor the cost and effectiveness of activities to optimise resources, prioritise spending, and achieve timeliness, reliability, and safety standards.
- Have knowledge of PLC systems,
- Knowledge of high voltage systems
- Understanding and Experience of large AC/DC motor controls
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop electrical craftspeople so that repair and service activities are completed accurately, safely, on-time and within budget.
- Experience of transducers, sensors & general control systems.
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Undertake development performance reviews for electrical craftspeople and maintain skills assessment matrices.
- Manage the attendance and timekeeping system for day electrical employees and ensure that Company procedures are adhered to at all times. Maintain accurate and appropriate personnel records including assessment matrices.
- Estimate the cost, time, and resources required for repair projects; prepare work orders and monitor the progress of work against estimates. Take budgetary control of specific maintenance costs.
- Evaluate, select, and manage relationships with external contractors to minimise costs and ensure the organisation receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Monitor and audit contractors to ensure that Method statements; issue and acceptance of PTW comply with site regulations.
- Liaise with functional managers throughout the business (for example in production) to coordinate scheduled maintenance activities with their operations.
- Work directly with engineers in other disciplines to augment/and or modify production capacity and value. Liaise with Shift Managers to ensure effective running of the process.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new equipment and tools to enhance the capabilities of the team.
- Ensures compliance of standards. Develop specific high risk activity SOP's where required to complement the generic SOP's and undertake risk assessments.
- Contribute to planning and decision-making within the business team so that the engineering strategy and performance is aligned with other business strategies.
- Work in a safe manner and have a proactive approach to all Health & Safety and environmental issues.
- Promote Total Quality Management and Continuous Improvement.
This description is not intended to establish a total definition of the job, but an outline of the duties.
Ideally the candidate should have previous experience as a multi skilled engineer within a similar position and will be able to demonstrate electrical competence.
Ideally, you will possess previous experience within a manufacturing/distribution environment.
If this role sounds interesting don't hesitate and apply now!!
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.